From CSV to Process Metrics
BusinessOptix' process mining capability provides the option of taking a CSV of your process transactions or events and creating a process metrics model.
The library requires Process Mining be enabled on your library.
Importing an Event CSV into BusinessOptix Process Metrics
Prepare the CSV
- You will first need to get access to event data from your business application. This guide assumes you know where and how to gain access from those systems.
- The Event CSV will need certain data in order for process mining to work. This includes at least the following columns:
- Identifier - a unique identifier for each process instance.
- Activity Name - the name of an activity/task performed
- Completion Timestamp - a timestamp for each activity so that we can sequence them in the correct order
- Optionally you can also include columns that include:
- Start Timestamp - a timestamp for each activity that allows us to work out when the activity was waiting to be processed and how long the working time was
- Resource Identifier/Name - something that identifies who did the work, e.g. user id or user name
- Role - details of the role responsible for performing the activity
- Group - details of the role that is accountable for the activity
- Business Classifiers - one or more pieces of business data to segment your process metrics
Import the CSV
- Log into your Library and from Models or Author menu select Import.
- Click 'Choose file' button and select the CSV you wish to import from your computer drive.
- Select the Extensible Event Stream (XES) import format
- Configure the columns that you are importing. Instance, Activity and Completion Timestamp are mandatory. Each of the fields expects the column name from your CSV.
- As timestamps come in a variety of formats, we need you to tell us the format used in your CSV. We provide a number of examples, but you can also set this to exactly match the format you have.
- Choose the folder you wish to save your maps in and click the Import button below. Your Process Metrics model will be imported and saved in the folder chosen or My Work/Temp folder as a default.