In the February 2020 release, we have added new capabilities, enhanced existing capabilities and fixed a number of minor issues. The changes include:
Knowing about all things BusinessOptix is now easier. BusinessOptix Updates brings you the latest product support information and business updates. It is accessed from the Help and Resources icon in the top right of Version 7. A small red circle will appear when there is an update available.
We have made a couple of minor changes to both Version 7 and Dashboards to remove some code that wasn't required. When you open either Version 7 or a Dashboard there is now a bit less to download from the BusinessOptix servers. The changes are probably too small for you to notice on there own, as they are measured at about 130 milliseconds, however, each time we remove a little bit of waste it adds up.
We've also resolved some issues that have been raised both through our on-going testing and that our clients have brought to our attention. These include
- Diagrams rendering part way down the screen in the Firefox browser. They now render at the top of the screen as expected.
- When you navigate to the 2nd, 3rd, etc diagram in model output and then select edit the model from the Actions menu we didn't open Author showing the diagram you were viewing. We do now.
- The confirmation message in Version 7 library that a file has been moved, renamed etc. was being partially hidden. It now appears above the sidebar so is no longer hidden.
- In Author if you added a drilldown URL to a label and then deleted it and added a new URL the first URL was not being cleared correctly. It is now.
- In comments if you start a comment as a reply and then decide it was better as a new discussion we added the comment as a reply. We now treat it as a new discussion.
- Special characters of / and \ in filenames was causing some issues in workflow. Workflow now handles in a different way and doesn't have the special characters.