The September 2020 release primarily addresses issues identified through usage and on-going testing.
When a model is moved we now log more information about from and to in order that it can be available in model output and dashboards.
The Activity Discussions view in the library was not correctly opening models. This has been corrected.
When a custom page is selected to show as the home page in Manage, the title that is displayed to the viewer was not the title of the custom page. This has been corrected.
A recent change to prevent authors from deleting models that are published to the stakeholder folder adversely impacted refreshing model outputs. This has been corrected and model outputs can now be refreshed when the model is also in stakeholder.
For authors who have access to multiple libraries the browse library page was remembering the last folder viewed on any library being access on the BusinessOptix server. This has been amended to remember the last folder viewed on the current library.
We have some small changes within Author in order to improve guidance to authors, these include
When an author is editing a process model and the referenced master data model is changed then we displayed a banner message advising of you of the change and that the model needs reloading to get to the master data updates. We've enhanced this banner message by adding an option to more easily reload the model.
When two authors are both editing the same model at the same time, there is a risk that one author's changes are overwritten by a second author. The warning dialogs we present have been reworded to make it clearer the consequence of the author's actions both when the first author saves the model and also if that is not acted on when the second author comes to save the model.
When an author opens a model that is read-only and the library has auto-checkout enabled, the model was being checked out even though the author could not edit the model. This has been corrected.
Spellchecking hanging in Chrome. In a very small number of cases spell check in Author would hang when using Chrome. We've amended the behavior.
When a component has a name that includes a line break it was being mis-displayed in the table of contents. This has been corrected.
[These changes are immediately available]
When a workflow was automatically canceled due to a failure the database was not being correctly updated to indicate that the workflow was no longer running. This has been corrected. Re
A very small number of cases have been automatically canceled when the database could not be updated due to other activities. We have changed the behavior of workflow so that instead of canceling we retry in a few minutes.
And again in a very small number of cases when a reviewer/approver had not previously engaged with a model (e.g. commented or bookmarked) then completing the review or approval and adding comments occasionally causes an issue. We have made changes to further reduce the likelihood of this occurring.
These functionalities will continue to be monitored.
[These changes are immediately available]
Stencils and Models
When first viewing a model output there was a perceivable delay before the Action button became active as various pieces of information about the model were loaded. We have removed much of the delay.
In some circumstances model output was being generated twice per request from a viewer. Whilst this had no impact on the viewer it was creating unnecessary activity on the BusinessOptix servers.
In PDF output we set the process diagram to landscape if it is larger than the page width, but we were not setting the PDF section to landscape. Whilst this has no adverse impact when printing it made it harder to view the diagram on screen. PDF output now sets the section orientation to landscape.
When a process model information component linked to deliverable master data and the master data had a reference link, but no description we did not show the reference link in the component property sidebar. This has been corrected.
When a negative currency amount is displayed the format has been amended to - <currency> <amount> from <currency> - <amount>.
Dashboard filters allow the selection of all data that has blank information, the filter did not allow for this value to be unselected. This has been corrected.
When a table on a dashboard had more data than the space available and show all content was not selected it caused some later widgets on the dashboard to overlap. This has been corrected.
When a component link is shown on a table it was not possible to click on it. This has been corrected.
Process Metrics for Process Mining
When a filter had been created on a process metrics model and the model was re-opened the filter was not being applied. This has been corrected.
When a filter had been created on a process metrics model and the author went on to create a business process model the process model included all data and not just the filtered data. This has been corrected.
Scenario modeling failed to execute correctly when an activity had information links associated with it (e.g. data store). This has been corrected.
When a shape was set to On Click Do Nothing information about the overall model was being displayed. This behavior has been corrected.
In libraries with a large number of models and stencil extensions the data source model was slow to load in Author. This has been improved.
[These changes require a library refresh or extension updates as appropriate]