In this release of the BusinessOptix platform, the enhancement focus is around workflow with both additional workflow configurations options available and also changes to the Author when they are engaged with workflow on the business models they manage.
The additional capabilities available for library administrators to configure workflow include:
- Being able to configure a minimum number of reviewers/approvers that are required for the workflow step(s) which must be set-up by the model author on the model;
- Having a new "refer" path with voting out of a review step which allows reviewers to send the model back for further work;
- Having additional voting options on the review and approval steps. Along with any, majority, all we have added 2, 3, or 4 as a count of the number of users;
- Workflow can now check-out and check-in the model on individual steps. This could be used to temporarily lock the model from being edited whilst it is being approved;
- When a workflow is canceled there is an option to configure the status that the model should be set back to
[Library Update Required, please contact support]
Start Workflow in Author
For authors who are editing models, there is now more information about workflows that have been started on the model and also more guidance on what should be set-up on the model before a workflow can be started. The additions include:
- When a model is opened in Author and a workflow has already been started then a message will be displayed advising the author that a workflow is already running; When an author tries to start a new workflow and a workflow has already been started then the author will see the details of the started workflow(s), and have the option to cancel it;
- When an author tries to start a new workflow we'll check that the minimum number of reviewers/approvers (defined in the workflow) have been added to the model. The author won't be able to start the workflow until the minimum count is met;
- When an author tries to start a new workflow and the model is already checked-out the author will receive a warning message that they should check-in the model;
In libraries that are using workflow for version control, you can now make more of the model version properties read-only and prevent authors from amending the version history. This can be enabled via access control, allowing administrators to select whether it applies to all or only some authors.
SVG files produced by BusinessOptix Author now include the internal identifier for the shape. This allows 3rd party solutions to make the link between the shape in the diagram and information about the shape.
Verification of model properties related to groups used as a user was not correctly identifying whether there were any users in the group. This has been corrected.
Forms that have been submitted and then shown read-only to a user were not displaying selected choices properly. This has been corrected.
In dashboard tables displaying date and time information you now have the option of displaying the date, time or both.
When creating or editing a data source in a library with a very large number of models Author was taking a long time before you could start editing the model because of the volume of data being checked. This has been reduced to allow the author to start editing the data source more quickly.
Model Change Notifications
In order that users who are subscribed to model notifications do not get an email each time the author hits save on the model we have rules in place to check whether additional emails should be sent. We have amended these rules as there was a small window of time when a user was not being notified of changes but should have been.
[Please contact support to have you library updated]