Version 7.0 of BusinessOptix sees a significant upgrade in user interface and experience within the platform. Usability is enhanced through simplified configuration, better formatting, updated interface design and more relevancy between pages or "clicks". Users will find a more modern framework, vibrant colors and shading, updated view options and more. Folder structure, search functions and menu formats were also updated to create a more efficient user experience.
Site empowerment in v7.0 has been significantly enhanced. Previous versions used a single top menu selection method which led to significantly more clicks for users to land in folders or models within BusinessOptix. The updated version of BusinessOptix allows users to select between grid or list views to ease in navigation and individualize the experience. Version 7.0 utilizes a combination of updated top menu bar categories and left side functional selections to expose more detailed lists. Additionally, users now have better search capabilities find, sort, filter and view content and models. Users can view assigned tasks, see notifications of changes and get access to recently viewed models. New in version 7.0 is the use of a new user profile menu - a clickable icon with the user's initials. Clicking this button drops a list of functions to update profile information, switching between libraries (if user is assigned to more than one library with the same ID) and logging off the system. Administrators will find additional menu selections for for managing the library.
Welcome - the fresh new version 7 framework comes with a home page that is easy to configure and allows an organization to target information based on users access level and roles within BusinessOptix.
Dashboards – allows users to target summary information on models and forms based on role types. Helps model authors stay on top of changing process models.
My Activities – allows an organization quick access for operational business users to find details of the processes and activities they are responsible for.
Links – quick access to general content that the organization finds useful.
Bookmarks – enables each user to find the content that is most useful to them
New Quick Access icons
Access to recently viewed models (clock), tasks (computer monitor), notifications (bell) and resources (?) are now available through icons near the profile menu in the upper right corner of the home screen.
The Resources icon (?) now includes a product tour to guide new users to a few of the features of the library.
User access to profile setting, switching between libraries and logging off through initials button
Updated for tablet use
Version 7 framework has been enhanced for better tablet application response.
Immediately upon logging into version 7.0, users are presented with an updated home screen, modern menu format and selection buttons. The new version allows BusinessOptix users more personalization for better efficiency in navigation. Users can add their own bookmarks and see quick access to assigned activities instead of several clicks to find work. Library administrators can place links to content important to the organization for quick access to all users. Throughout version 7.0, BusinessOptix users will find a more modern “App” feel to the interface through the grid view within each menu folder.
In version 7.0, users have flexibility on view preference to access models, forms and diagrams that they have access to. The grid view offers access cards the Models, Forms and Insight folders. A standardized set of functionalities within each card will allow a user to see model information, open content they have access to, set bookmarks and click to view details of the models. List view offers users a more traditional listing of models or diagrams with the same functionalities on each line. Each view preference offers the ability to filter and sort the lists for ease in searching models. Users should feel a more modern ease of access and navigation features within each category of BusinessOptix.
- Quick access showing model name, folder, author, click to bookmark and view details
- User ability to personalize view and filter lists
- View details or bookmark a model
- Library folder
- Users have the ability to filter by date, type, author, owner, last edit date and status.
- Clicking the Author will produce a default output from the model or diagram
Navigating BusinessOptix with efficiency in v7.0 was met with more cross-functional access to content within library folders. Previously users had to click out of folders to get to areas such as the author design studio or reports. Now users can move more efficiently within the menus. NOTE: Certain folders may not be available to all users depending upon authority to access.
- Cross-functional capabilities to browse the library, import and author models within more categories and folders for better efficiency
- Simplified navigation within folders with more detail around pathway
- Better understanding of functions within menus
Links are enhanced from existing functionality and bookmarks enable users to mark the content that is important for them to re-discover.
- Quick access to rediscover often used models, diagrams or forms.
- Users can save bookmarks by selecting the star icon from the grid or list view of files
If access links have been added to a library, users will see them in a new grid view under the Links folder within the Home menu. Users can access content internally within the library and pages externally that are important to the organization.
Reports are now named Insight. Users can view descriptions of reports and save reports in their bookmarks by clicking the star. To open a report, simply click the card or report line in list view.
Tasks are now better managed under a new condensed Activity Tab along the top menu. The Activity tab features a link to user tasks assigned to each licensed user.
** Participant and Author licensees: The comments forum is now located under the Discussion sub-menu under the Activity tab. Users can view model comments in a discussion or "sub-comment" fashion in version 7.0
Search has been enhanced for better performance and user friendly
- Search now located at top center of every page. Users can begin typing and the system will immediately return a short list of most relatable matches based on keyword
- If a user selects to view the list, they will be allowed to select either grid view or list view
- Users can also filter the list of matches
Updated user profile menu
The user profile menu has been updated in version 7.0. User can now better see which libraries they have access to.
Dashboards are new to Version 7 and provide a variety of ways to access, view, chart and filter the information that is captured in the models, master data and forms within a library. Once the dashboard has been created you can then add it to the home page of users so that they have easy access to it. Different roles in the organisation can have different dashboards.
Click the link for Guidance on creating dashboards in your library.
There are many exciting updates to the outputs in version 7. From new styling to increased functionality and transparency, forms now give authors and users more versatility and a better capture experience.
Forms in version 7 have a noticeable style change with better buttons and the ability to view relevancy of the form to other models.
- Pages displayed in a drop down menu
- A table view of forms referenced in BusinessOptix. A sample report is created for new forms.
- Version 7 styling including buttons that appear on the form
- Linked process models are listed in a pull-down menu
- Switching between transformation and role differences in models now in a Filter menu
- New Actions menu for users with the proper privileges to have access to model editing and documentation features
- A PDF document can be rendered from the view access to the model by clicking the document tile
- Report pages now in pull-down menu
- Quick access to bookmarking, sharing and editing report for authorized users