BusinessOptix data sources can be configured to retrieve information from any part of your BusinessOptix library. Component data sources are used to retrieve information about any of your models, such as your process models. The BusinessOptix platform uses lookups to master data to create a consistent definition of your business. Accessing that information in a dashboard is achieved by adding a lookup column to a component data source.
Step by Step
In this step by step we'll add more information about the process activity accountable role.
1. Create a new data source model
2. Add a component data source for the Process Model and select the Activity component
3. The multiple rows check-box allows you to decide how you want lookup information returned. This is important when you have a lookup that can have multiple values at the same time. For example you may have 2 (or more) roles responsible for performing an activity. By checking multiple rows the data source will return one row per responsible role for the activity. The default is unchecked and will return a comma delimited list of roles in one row. The difference can be seen below
|Process Map||Activity Name||Responsible Role Name||Role Owner|
|Multiple Rows||Step 1||Role 1||Role 1 Owner|
|Multiple Rows||Step 1||Role 2||Role 2 Owner|
|Single Row||Step 1||Role 1, Role 2||Role 1 Owner, Role 2 Owner|
4. On your component data source you now need to add the component properties you wish to return, such as the process map name, the activity name and url
5. Now add a new data field, set the data type to Lookup.
6. You will then be shown a dropdown of all the available Lookup field(s) on the component.
7. You then need to configure where you want to return the additional field value from. Select the Model Type. For our Responsible Role example select Roles, and then the Role component type.
8. And finally select the property from the looked-up model component you want to return in your data source.