When adding a link to a form, the Add Link dialog only offers (default) Add and Close buttons. More often than not, you only want to add a single link, so you hit Close then realize that didn't add it, go back and hit Add, and then wait 5 secs to realize the dialog's still sitting there before hitting Close.
In addition, changes are saved as soon as you hit the Add button, rather than when the dialog is dismissed as people generally expect.
Could we have either a dialog with only OK and Cancel buttons, so you have to open it multiple times to add multiple links, but it works as expected for each link...
or (where multiple links are allowed) an Edit Links dialog that
- maintains a (visible) list of the current links - including both those currently saved in the model and those added via this use of the dialog but not yet saved
- a (default) OK button, that updates the model with whatever is now displayed and closes the dialog
- an (Escape) Cancel button, that closes the dialog without saving, leaving the model unchanged from when the dialog was opened
- An Add button that adds a new link to the list
- A Delete button that removes an existing link from the list
Then we wouldn't need the existing Edit button next to each link in the form (tho leaving it in and automatically selecting the link in question in the dialog might be helpful)
Please sign in to leave a comment.